Congratulations to our top male and female finishers!
1. Nick Petsky
2. Pete Tedesco
3. Nick Athanasidy
1. Kirby Mosenthal
2. Stephanie Lasner
3. Jenny Kurz
Date: October 29th, 2016
Start Time: 9:00 am
Registration is still available for the Rocky’s 5k! Online registration is closed, but you can register in person at Westchester Road Runner, 179 East Post Road, White Plains NY, Thursday 10/27 and Friday 10/28. Registration will also be available on site race morning!
Bib Pickup: Westchester Road Runner 179 East Post Road, White Plains, NY 10601
- Thursday 10/27 11am – 9pm
- Friday 10/28 10am – 7m
- Westchester Road Runner is collecting food donations through mid-November for the Food Bank for Westchester. We encourage those picking up their race packets at the store to donate. For those that can not pickup in advance, please bring your donation to the registration table on race day and we will deliver on your behalf. For information, please see the Most Needed Food Items. Thank you!
Meet Info: So, we know some of you are new to the race….here are a few pointers.
- Race starts sharply at 9am.
- There is no official bag drop. We’re a homey style race so a lot of people leave their jackets/extra layers with their families/friends or by the side of the trail. Seems to work pretty well. Please NO VALUABLES–stash those in your locked car or carry them with you.
- Please carpool as much as possible. Twofold reason for the race being capped at 375: trails a bit narrow in spots, so we want to ensure a nice experience for all participants, and, parking is very limited. Another reason to get there early!
- Parking for the race is at the main entrance to the Preserve which is on Rt. 117/125 Phelps Way. When you google this address it tells you it is in Pleasantville because, well, technically it is. However, it is nowhere near the town of Pleasantville. The Preserve entrance is in between Rt 9 and the Taconic.
- The race start and finish is a short walk from the Parking lot, you’ll see signs and can follow the crowd.
- Refreshments, vendors, and awards will be up at the parking lot. We’ll try to have results posted as soon as they come in both down at the race start/finish and up at the parking lot.
- And, just in case you are not familiar with the Preserve…expect some beautiful scenery but don’t expect a PR. There’s a nice hill to get you warmed up before mile 1. Map of the race course on this website.
- Your bib number is your raffle number. In the interest of expediency (reduce the time spent standing around in wet clothes on a cold day with your teeth chattering), we’ll pull raffle numbers while you’re all running and post the winners next to the results. Trust Us, we’ll be blindfolded!
- Team competition: pretty simple. Lowest total time wins, and so forth 3 deep in the 4 team categories. Teams of two in all male, all female, coed and coed century (both people must have a total age of 100 or more).
See you October 29th!!!
100% of the proceeds to go trail maintenance.
Interested in volunteering or being a sponsor? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org